HeartWise is a non-profit charitable organisation based in Sutton, South London.
We are a group of individuals from various walks of life who have joined forces to contribute to our society through raising awareness about cardiovascular diseases, their link to our lifestyle and how we can prevent this killer disease. Additionally, we provide guidance and information on various risk factors which you may be facing and might not be aware of them.
One of the most significant tasks we cary out on an on-going basis is organising group exercise sessions for various user groups. These user groups currently include:
- Individuals currently suffering from one or more cardiovascular diseases.
- Individuals identified as being at risk of developing heart disease.
- Relatives and carers of the above two groups.
- Individuals seeking to work towards a healthier, more active lifestyle.
- Individuals seeking to prevent future risk of cardiovascular diseases, high cholestrol, high blood pressure and / or obesity.
- Individuals keen on keeping fit without being tied into expensive gym mebsership contracts.
- Individuals with less active lifestyles.
- Individuals from underprivileged background, seeking to improve their fitness levels in an effective yet inexpensive way.
As an organisation, HeartWise is governed by a constitution as per the applicable legislature.
We will soon be publishing brief introductions of the organisation's officers here.